Going Green in the Paper Converting Industry
Committed to Eco-Friendly Resources and Operations in the U.S.
At Resource One International, we understand the importance of environmentally focused operations in the paper converting industry and are committed to playing our part in protecting our surroundings. We strive to be a sustainable operation that balances your company's green objectives and budget without creating a significant impact on the environment or decline in the yield of your paper product.
We use renewable resources whenever possible and are constantly finding creative ways to implement eco-friendly changes in our paper converting processes.
Here's how we're working to go green
- your company can implement these ideas to do the same:
Responsible Packaging Purchasing and Usage
- Support the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative to back these organizations' objectives and ensure paper comes from trees cut in sustainable forests
- Maintain paper products' Chain-of-Custody Certification
- Use of recyclable packaging materials
Implementing Continuous Improvements that are Lean- and Green-Friendly
- Doing more with less
- Reducing waste by focusing on time- and material management
- Using the right things in the right ways
- Commitment to equipment and practices that reduce energy and waste requirement
Focusing on Low Energy Consumption
- Equipment motors
- Freight consolidation / load maximization
Proper Waste Management
- Maximize yields
- Minimize pre-consumer waste
- Maximize all recycling efforts